THE LEADING TREATMENT FOR ADD | ADHD IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
Those struggling with mental health illnesses like ADD & ADHD can experience a best-practices, luxury treatment center in West LA
“There are two kinds of people in this world, those with ADD and, oh can I have some ice cream?” — UNKNOWN
An Integrative Approach in Treating ADD & ADHD
In the age of the Internet there are no shortages of distractions in the world. Finding the right balance and concentration can feel like a treacherous balancing act – juggling work, family and friends. It’s only natural to feel like maintaining focus on a specific task is all but impossible with so many external stimuli begging for your attention. But if you or a loved one would describe life as driving through a thick fog, on a dark road, without directions – and, to make matters worse, the background music of the radio is playing a stream of loud and ever-changing songs, you might be experiencing a mental health condition often referred to as “Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)” or “Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).”
Adult ADHD and ADD is a chronic mental health condition that affects over 4 percent of adults. Adult ADd and ADHD symptoms can lead to a number of problems, including unstable relationships, poor work performance, and low self-esteem, to name just a few. While many many such cases are considered mild and highly manageable, it is not uncommon for symptoms to be severe enough to warrant clinical attention.
A POINT OF CLARITY: Though many people are more familiar with the term ADD as opposed to ADHD, we use ADHD as the primary reference phrase in lieu of the fact that the name was formally changed in 1994 as described in greater depth by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
Typical of mental health disorders, Attention Deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is not immune from misconceptions. While many believe that ADHD is only prevalent in children – making education especially daunting – ADHD is prevalent in adults too. Often times, ADHD will go undiagnosed throughout childhood and persist into adulthood. According to the Mayo Clinic, adults with ADHD have an increased risk of suffering from other psychological disorders that can complicate treatment and make symptoms more acute, such as mood disorders, anxiety disorders, personality disorders and learning disabilities. Recognizing the patterns and difficulties you and your loved one faces is often the most important step in the treatment process.
Symptoms of adult ADHD can include the following:
- Chronic boredom
- Chronic lateness and forgetfulness
- Trouble concentrating when reading
- Trouble controlling anger
- Problems at work
- Low tolerance for frustration
- Low self-esteem
- Mood swings
- Poor organization skills
- Relationship Problems
- Substance abuse or addiction
Treatment for ADHD at Resilience in Los Angeles, California
Patients and families come to Resilience Treatment Center from all over the country, all of whom seeking various conceptions of residential and/or intensive out patient rehab. From upscale and luxury accommodations to top-rated mental health professionals to holistic treatment programs an beyond, what we do here is truly unique and highly effective for those ready to improve their lives. Given our recognition for being among Southern California’s leading mental health treatment centers, we always employ a very integrated, in-depth treatment process throughout all maladies, including ADHD treatment.
Those coming to us for help in overcoming ADHD and/or any other co-occurring mental health or substance abuse related issues, will experience a truly customized recovery process that is tailored to their specific needs…
- At Resilience Treatment Center psychiatric care comprises a major component of our ADHD treatment program. Clinical research has indicated Psychostimulant medications to be particularly effective in the treatment of ADHD. Our psychiatric team will determine the proper use of medication if deemed medically necessary such that a healthy balance of brain chemicals (neurotransmitters) can be regulated.
- Psychological counseling, too, has proven as an effective treatment for ADHD. Psychotherapy such as Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Family and Marital Therapy can enable clients to build and harness the skill set and strategies for more effectively managing their disorder. At Resilience Treatment Center, our clients are offered four CBT-intensive individualized treatment sessions per week and a weekly family session in addition to daily group therapy sessions that range from process groups, healthy relationship groups, life skills coaching, psychodrama among many others.
- As a core component of Resilience’s treatment philosophy, clients are exposed to a broad range of experiential therapies that seek to harness their creativity, physical well-being and emotional resilience by participating in socially engaging activities. These modalities include horticulture therapy, art therapy, creative writing therapy, individualized guided meditation, cooking and nutrition modalities, yoga and private courses at an upscale exercise facility.
- Ours is a program that actively strives to merge all beneficial components into a fully customized, high-end treatment environment. From industry-leading clinicians to vast therapeutic experiences to holistic rehab modalities and much more, we consistently strive to set the tone for excellence in mental health treatment throughout all of Los Angeles as Southern California!
The Resilience Treatment program in West Los Angeles is designed to take a multidisciplinary approach to treatment that customizes evidence-based therapies in a luxurious and highly individualized setting. In the process of treatment, we seek to widen personal horizons, cultivate compassionate awareness, increase self-efficacy, foster healthy relationships, and build emotional resilience in our clients.