TREATMENT FOR ANXIETY DISORDERS
Resilience Treatment in West Los Angeles, CA provides extensive & effective treatment for generalized anxiety disorder with residential and outpatient components.
“Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” – BABE RUTH
It is common for individuals to feel nervous or anxious from time to time. In moderation, anxiety can actually be helpful in completing a task. However, when anxiety becomes persistent and excessive, causes distress, and/or interferes with your relationships, obligations, or activities, you should consider treatment. Often this interference with life entails intrusive thoughts, difficulty concentrating, and avoidance of thoughts, conversations, or situations that trigger the fear. The following are some of the most common types of anxieties:
- Specific Phobia – Intense and frequent fear of specific objects or situations such as, natural disasters, animals, blood, needles, elevators, etc.
- Social Anxiety Disorder – Fear of others’ evaluations or judgements during interactions, being observed, and/or public speaking situations.
- Agoraphobia – Fear of situations such as, cars, bridges, theaters, crowds, being home alone.
- Panic Disorder – Fear of experiencing a panic attack in the future which may involve a change in behavior to avoid another one.
- Separation Anxiety Disorder (adult) – Fear, that is age-incongruent, of being away from or losing an attachment figure that may manifest in nightmares or physiologically.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder – Long-term, frequent fear over everyday kinds of concerns (e.g. relationships, employment, finances, obligations, health) that may cause restlessness, fatigue, irritability, muscle tension, or sleep.
For Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders, click here.
The Resilience Treatment program in West Los Angeles is designed to take a multidisciplinary approach to treatment that customizes evidence-based therapies in a luxurious and highly individualized setting. In the process of treatment, we seek to widen personal horizons, cultivate compassionate awareness, increase self-efficacy, foster healthy relationships, and build emotional resilience in our clients.