DUAL DIAGNOSIS TREATMENT
A psychological and psychiatric treatment center providing residential housing options for recovery from dual diagnosis and co-occurring disorders in West LA and Southern California
What is Dual Diagnosis?
It takes a great deal of courage to acknowledge that you or your loved one might need treatment. Putting a name to your condition is the first step to effective and lasting treatment, especially if you or your loved one is struggling with dual diagnosis. With over half of all drug and alcohol addicts grappling simultaneously with mental illnesses, at our Los Angeles-based treatment center we understand that dual diagnosis requires a unique and innovative approach that addresses root psychological issues, not just symptoms. Managing your dual diagnosis is within reach and requires more than just a detox center or rehab clinic.
More About Dual Diagnosis:
On a clinical level, dual diagnosis can be described as the existence of both a psychiatric condition such as depression, anxiety, bipolar, co-occurring disorders and mood disorders alongside addiction and substance abuse. But, for real people, the experience is not always as simple. Recent research shows that an overwhelming majority of Americans with dual diagnosis fail to receive the proper level of treatment– often ignoring their underlying psychiatric needs. This means that millions of vulnerable Americans often depend on substances to cope with their mental illness or struggle with more acute psychiatric issues because of their reliance on drugs, alcohol and misuse of prescription medication. If one illness isn’t enough, living with dual diagnosis can often have debilitating effects on one’s family, social and professional life.
How we treat Dual Diagnosis:
- As a primary psychiatric treatment center in Southern California, Resilience’s approach to Dual Diagnosis emphasizes tackling your underlying mental health condition while also providing you with the tools to actively manage your problems around substance abuse.
- For clients who are not actively using or have been referred to the appropriate facility for initial detoxification, Resilience will offer clients an assessment to properly plan the most effective treatment plan for their unique needs.
- Part of our integrative approach to psychiatric care means that each new client will undergo a thorough medical and neuropsychological screening to best determine the most effective treatment plan.
- We believe that treatment should be provided as a continuum– with a gradual approach to overcoming obstacles that empowers clients to build sustainable solutions for managing their care well beyond the walls of our treatment facility.
- With programming as diverse as gardening therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Family Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Gardening Therapy, guided meditation, daily exercise, medication management and relapse prevention, our program confronts Dual Diagnosis from a broad range of angles– ensuring a comprehensive and encompassing approach to care.
The first step to creating a healthy and balanced life is knowing that the right treatment for you or your loved one is out there. At Resilience Treatment Center in Los Angeles, our dedicated and experienced clinical team takes an integrative approach to mental health, empowering our clients through individualized programming to build emotional resilience. Whether you’re suffering from dual diagnosis, depression, bipolar disorder, co-occurring disorders, a personality disorder or anxiety, seeking treatment always begins with a complementary assessment.