THE TREATMENT LEADER FOR OBSESSIVE-COMPULSIVE DISORDER (OCD)
A leading treatment center for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders (OCD) in Los Angeles, California with Residential & Outpatient rehab qualities.
“OCD is like having a bully stuck inside your head and nobody else can see it.” — KRISSY MCDERMOTT
A Full-Scope Treatment Approach for OCD
Many of us have regular rituals that we follow on a daily basis. We find comfort in having set schedules and plans. As humans, we are creatures of routine, and while these routines are an ordinary component of daily living for most of us, they can become obsessions for others, and often with debilitating results.
When an individual has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the routines discussed earlier take the form of obsessive compulsions. People partake in repetitive, ritualistic behaviors that they think will reduce their anxiety caused by their obsession. It is a viscous cycle, and usually the obsession is unreasonable thoughts or fears; for example, that obsession could be having your house broken into. Consequentially, the individual may feel the need to double, triple and quadruple check the lock every time they leave the house.
Despite a valiant effort to ignore such irrational, repetitive thoughts, the urges just keep coming back. With Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), matters that are afterthoughts for most people become central forces of concern for those suffering – often standing in the way of you and your loved one’s ability to live a healthy, fulfilling and productive life.
Common Symptoms of OCD
Being familiar with the contours of your disorder can greatly help in finding the right treatment. Symptoms of OCD usually consist of two parts: Obsessions and Compulsions. Obsessions are repeated and unrelenting urges that can cause extreme stress or anxiety. Often these obsessions are attempted to be solved by performing a compulsion. Obsessions are usually tied to a specific theme, like fear of contamination or dirt, so the individual is constantly washing their hands until they are chapped and red. If you or your loved one’s suffers from the following signs and symptoms, seeking an effective and qualified treatment center or service may be advisable.
OBSESSION SYMPTOMS MAY INCLUDE:
- Aggressive impulses
- Fear of contamination
- Repeated unwanted thoughts and ideas
- Images of hurting someone you love
- Thoughts that you might harm another person, or harm yourself
- Persistent sexual thoughts
COMPULSION SYMPTOMS MAY INCLUDE:
- Constant checking
- Constant counting
- Repeatedly washing your hands
- Arranging items to all face a certain way
- Constantly checking the stove or locks
An Effective Treatment Approach
Like many other disorders, effective treatment for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) largely depends on the specific needs of the patient. According to clinical research and the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), OCD can be effectively treated through the use of and combination of medications and psychotherapy. At Resilience Treatment Center, our multidisciplinary team of clinicians will provide the appropriate blend of psychiatric and psychological services to customize a treatment plan for you and your loved one’s specific clinical needs. Several of the features of our Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment Plan include:
- A core component of Resilience’s Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) treatment program is the utilization of effective psychiatric care. Clients meet regularly with our Medical Director to chart a treatment course specific to the client’s underlying needs. When medically advisable, medication may be incorporated into clients’ treatment plans. Research has shown that specific medications, such as Fluoxetine, Fluvoxamine and Sertraline, can be especially effective in managing Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) when deemed medically appropriate by a physician.
- As a critical element of Resilience’s approach to treatment, integrating individual and group psychotherapy into our treatment plan is the cornerstone of our therapeutic program. Our clients are offered up to five modalities of individualized psychotherapy in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). Additionally, clients are offered an extensive range of group sessions every week; these groups include: family therapy, healthy relationships, seeking safety, relapse prevention, psychodrama among many others.
- Resilience also seeks to provide its clients with engaging experiential therapies that aim to harness creativity, physical well-being and community in a manner that builds emotional resilience. These modalities include horticulture (gardening) therapy, art therapy, creative writing therapy, guided meditation, cooking and nutrition courses, yoga, various recreational therapies and access to private sessions at an upscale exercise facility.
- Ours is a program that actively strives to merge all beneficial components into a fully customized, high-end treatment environment. From industry-leading clinicians to vast therapeutic experiences to holistic rehab modalities and much more, we consistently strive to set the tone for excellence in mental health treatment throughout all of Los Angeles as Southern California!
Education remains one of the most powerful tools on the road to recovery. Finding lasting treatment for you or your loved one need not be an overwhelming obstacle. At Resilience Treatment Center in West Los Angeles, our experienced team of clinicians takes an integrative approach to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) treatment by combining the best evidence-based therapeutics practices in a setting designed for comfort and therapeutic healing.
The Resilience Treatment program in West Los Angeles is designed to take a multidisciplinary approach to treatment that customizes evidence-based therapies in a luxurious and highly individualized setting. In the process of treatment, we seek to widen personal horizons, cultivate compassionate awareness, increase self-efficacy, foster healthy relationships, and build emotional resilience in our clients.